Monday, December 31, 2007

Dillos New Year Resolutions

For as long as I remember, I have taken time on New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day to meditate on the past year. Generally, I have journalled the highlights in red in my diary. Following this, I make a new list of my goals and desires for the following year. Unfortunately, I can not find either the journal or the entry from last year. It may be that, in the newness and brokenness that marked New Year’s 2007, I just failed to take the time to write things down.

One resolution I have made and consistently kept, is Do not run naked down the street wearing antlers on my head. This is a reasonable resolution at any time and any place. However, living in the high desert, it becomes an especially good resolution if you wish to keep from ending up strapped to the hood of somebody’s car.

If you will allow me, I will take time this New Years Eve to journal some of my goals and desires for 2008 online. I will refrain from publicly listing the highlights of my year.

From Phillipians:
To greater understand what it means to “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God.”

To go back to the practice of memorizing scripture. Perhaps memorize Chapters 1 and 2 of Ephesians (or the whole book?)

To begin reading through a book of the Bible with Hailey-perhaps John or Daniel. Furthermore, to begin to teach her key precepts regarding the character of God.

To monitor my life in regards to stress vs. rest. Take the necessary time for rest, relaxation and meditation. Try to avoid HALT situations (Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired).

GET MORE SLEEP!

Solvang Century: March

Finish STP!!!

Summer vacation to Yellowstone???

Other miscellaneous goals: Get out of debt, close the door on the marriage.
Be more disciplined regarding housekeeping issues.
Buy a television-for the hardware, not for the television shows.
Buy a new bicycle.
Buy a trainer.

I think that’s it for now. I’ll add to the list as things occur to me.

No comments: