Monday, July 29, 2013

Warren Buffet And The Golden Ticket



Ah, to find the Golden Ticket. That would be more realistic. Warren Buffet is auctioning off a private tour of the Sees Candy factory in Los Angeles. As of this writing the bidding has exceeded $35,000.00. One can dream. One can imagine as well; and must; it’s easier to picture Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka than it is to picture Warren Buffet leading a band of Oompa Loompas through Union Station and into Olvera Street.

You are Augustus Gloop, Mike Teavee, Violet Beauregarde or Veruca Salt. What Sees candy is worth falling into a chocolate river for? I’d have to say California Brittle. If I couldn’t, I’d scream “Daddy, I want it now,” for a Dark Walnut or Milk Peanut Bud. What would you choose?

I usually go for the box of Nuts and Dark Chocolate. I’m sure there are folks that choose the lighter fare though I know not why. Nor do I understand Truffles. I know a woman that would put her fingernail into the bottom of a Sees Candy to discern what type it was. This seemed both charlatan and amateurish to me---one should be able to identify each Sees by it’s shape and color.

Here’s the million dollar question. Is there a Slugworth out there so that we can get a spy on the inside? Is there some way to crash this Buffet bonanza? I’ll settle for just one Everlasting Gobstopper.

No comments: