Sunday, May 06, 2007

Blogging and Checking for Blood

One of my favorite bloggers, Dean Barnett, has this to say about blogging, “Here’s the deal with blogging: It works best for people who have active minds that spin off in a million different directions.” Kind of funny, that. So often I feel that my being all over the map in my thinking and work is a bad thing. But Dean’s right: When stuff happens to me, I think: This might make an interesting post.

Saturday, while out riding the bike, some teenagers shot at me from a passing car. First thing I did was reach down to check for blood. I mentally ran through the list; blood-no; paint-whew, no----piss--thank goodness, no…..only water. From which I ascertained I was only hit with a water balloon. Immediately after the occurrence though, I started writing about it in my head. Mapping out the headline, the storyline, the ending. And I do this all the time.

Side note here: I have this friend who reads this blog on a consistent basis, and his mind also spins off in a million directions. Plus, he can play musical instruments, which I can barely do. And he’s much funnier in print. Dude---start blogging!

I’m sure there are a million other things that work best to make a blogger---reads a lot, willing to put their self out there for public viewing, some form of addiction (caffeine included). But I’m glad that borderline ADD is a key component.

No comments: