Friday, December 28, 2007

A Movie Not to See-Home of the Brave

Gag. I just rented Home of the Brave from Superstar Video, down the street from me. Here's the thing, and the reason for this post. I love movies. In my high school and college years, I made it a point to go see every film that won an Academy award. I've only walked out on one film at the theater; Ghost-due to its spiritual message. But I just now clicked the little square on my computer to STOP viewing this movie. It is terrible. It's kind of an anti-war (anti-acting, anti-good writing) flick. Which would be fine if it was Deer Hunter or Apocolypse Now (The horror, the horror). But this movie just sucked. I could have written a better screenplay. Heck, I could have acted better than the entire cast.

So, if you are in the video store and trying to decide which movie to rent; do not bother picking up this video. You'd be better off renting Plan 9 from Outer Space, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes or almost anything else. Just run from this one.

No comments: