Friday, July 11, 2008

Durned Cows Are Everywhere-Project Black #1

Bessy is a landmark on our stretch of national highway. We give directions like, "Turn left 3 streets past the cow market." You probably noticed she's not all black. But I noticed that the rules of this game aren't that black and white either. Anyway, I'm told Bessy's dad's black with white spots. So the stock's black, anyway.

To see Anna's challenge, rules of the game (yah, right), and a bunch of other folks who've taken some real nice pictures of things, go here.

8 comments:

Robert said...

Hey! I know that cow. Well not personally. But like you said, she gave me directions to your place. Great angle. Of course it would be hard to shoot her straight on. Or from above for that matter. And by the way, welcome to Project Black.

Raven said...

I like Bessy. She has a very thoughtful look on her face. Cool shot.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Smiled when I saw how Bessy's spots seem to stick out from the rest of her! She must look awesome to drive past!

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

There are lots of cows popping up for this challenge, not surprisingly. :)

I like it. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't think the "no black and white" rule actually applies to REAL b & w things...just the treatment of B&W to an otherwise color photograph (or were you being tongue and cheek?).

Did you know yesterday was "Dress like a cow day" at Chick Fil A? I didn't go, but I bet there were tons of funny costumes (participants earned a free meal if they dressed like a cow).

Welcome to Project Black--cute entry--and I'm off to find Friday's 40 :).

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

I used to collect cows and would love to have been cruising through your fair town, taking too many cow pix. Great entry for PB! :D

Unknown said...

Hee hee, that's quite a cute landmark

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!! (LOL, sorry, couldn't resist)