Wednesday, July 30, 2008

If They Don't Come For Your Preaching, It's Time To Sing The Blues

My guess is that Miles drew a bigger crowd. I give them points for a unique approach to Sunday mornings, or maybe its a retro thing; Gospel and Blues have always walked hand in hand. Doesn't your mind just reel with sermon possibilities? "Give Me Three Loaves, I Ain't Got Nothin", "Woe To You, Pharisees (Why I Hate Lookin in the Mirror)", "Rocky Ground Blues." Of course, I'm certain there are some real tunes out there that fit the message. Or maybe I've got it wrong; and the Jazz IS the message. Not certain.

Hopefully Jazz Sunday is icing on the cake and the congregation's eagerly coming out Sundays for community and to hear Dr. Davis preach through the bible. Thinkin otherwise gives me an ache in my soul.

No comments: