Friday, September 26, 2008

Driving Boxes and Having The Blahs

Didn't much feel like getting out of bed today. I have moments when everything feels negative. Tires spinning without traction all week. At work nothing is clicking. I have deadlines that I'm behind on. A kitchen table that is piled high with mail. A couch piled high with laundry (which, at least, is clean!). And I have to drive a van all week.

When I said, "There goes my nice neat box," I wasn't expecting to be driving a box the following day. Went to the rental car place after having reserved my economy car over the phone. At the airport they advised me that all they had left were vans. I proceeded to stop by all of the other rental car places at the airport, but none had any cars left. So, I'm driving this thing to the concert tonight.

I'm expecting that hanging out with Hailey, an awesome concert, and a day off will restore some joyful perspective.

"For indeed, while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed, but to be clothed, so that what is mortal will be swallowed up by life."
2 Cor. 5:4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, if the American automotive industry is to be believed, then there's no better chick magnet to be found anywhere than a big red boxy gas-guzzling van with 16 built-in cupholders and room for 9 humans and 4 big dogs. This might turn out to be the best thing that has happened to you in a couple of years!

GB

Robert said...

Third Day, huh? Seems weird to not be there with you! But then again, it'll seem weird to see them without Brad Avery. Anyhow, hope it was a great show. Life is still crazy busy here. Stress has not eased up but after your nudge, I'm heading to the gym tomorrow morning. I'm gonna do the treadmill to get myself back into it and then hit the bike in a few weeks. Hope you're doing well.