Friday, January 09, 2009

Mental Games, Professors, and Blondes

She is a Ph.d, and DDG*. Right, so I wasn't going to do this E-Harmony thing, but here I am. I feel rather foolish posting this, but there I go. It's that whole fear of rejection thing. All I have to do is send an email. Worst case scenario, she'll decline conversation.

I am a child of God. God is wonderfully good and wholly in control. I am wild at heart. I do not shirk dueling with the dragon because he's bigger than me, or more daunting, or hotter than me (as is the Professor). Do I not engage for fear of engagement?

My eyes glint, my nostrils flare, my adrenaline powerfully pumps when I step up to the plate. Stepping into fullness, and maleness---who I am and what I'm created to be.

When I was a teenager;shy, insecure and timid, I carried around this poem. In summary, it said you can either jump into the parade, or watch it pass by; wondering what would have happened if you had truly dared to be alive.

I'll keep you posted.

*Drop Dead Gorgeous

No comments: