Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tid Bits and Distractions

For you my readers, and for me; Truth is, the professor of the previous post is just a distraction from everything else going on in my life. Kind of like when you hit your thumb with a hammer to take your mind off your migraine. I've been awful tired lately, distracted, and in a contemplative mood. So better to post something lighter than wade into darker, uncharted waters. Here then are some thoughts that have been whirring through my mind these last days.

Shouldn't there be a law? Playing "Hotel California" as background music in a Skilled Nursing Facility seems wrong on a number of levels.

The minister from the Latvian church stopped by to visit my mom. She says they didn't discuss 'religion,' instead they talked about his upcoming marriage. "Hey, honey, I saw the oncologist today but we didn't discuss my cancer. We talked about his trip to Bermuda instead." I wonder if there's such a thing as heavenly malpractice suits?

Apparently, the world's going to end in four years. There goes Obama's 2nd term. This past week the History Channel had a show on Nostradamus 2012. I heard from a number of folks that 126,000 years ago an eclipse occurred with cataclysmic results. It's supposed to happen again in four years. I assured all the folks that this is a bunch of hooey-the bible says there will be seven last years, and we ain't in them yet. Plus, who recorded these events 126, 000 years ago? Shouldn't we trust the God who WAS THERE and recorded it all, instead of someone who wasn't there and is just guessing?

Mom's still in the skilled nursing facility and probably will be for another six weeks.

Meanwhile, I'm pursuing qualification for a home loan. Found out that the ex ran up a bunch of credit cards that my name is on as co-signer. Oooops! Apparently it can be fixed; but it's still a pain. Mea culpa for not doing a better job of following up on all the old accounts.

There's a quick update on some of the thoughts spinning round my head. Now, back to my dreams about the professor.

No comments: