Thursday, November 09, 2006

It's a Shame

I hate to be, to be the one,
Who’s given up
And feels that all our hope is gone,
But what I thought was a miracle,
Just turned into the same old
Problem that it was.
(I) long for better days,
I’ve always been afraid….

It’s a shame, oh, it’s a shame,
That you’re throwing your whole life away,
It’s a shame, oh, it’s a shame,
I wonder if you’re ever going to change.

It’s a shame,
Ever since I can recall,
I have been so afraid,
Of losing it all.

What do you want,
Do you even know?
And is it worth the pain,
We all have to endure.

I long for better days,
I’ve always been afraid…..

You left me without leaving,
You hit me without swinging,
You took away without giving a thing,
Except for pain and sorrow,
I’m praying that tomorrow,
You will open up your eyes and see.

Words by Third Day

No comments: