Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Thousand Dazzling Sunsets

I like to play. Currently though, life seems full of stressors; work, more work, attorney visits, realtor calls, paying bills, washing dishes....And in between that, I'm picking Hailey up from school, dropping Hailey off at school, doing homework with Hailey, hanging out with Hailey.

The other day found me with a strong urge to escape, to go play. Go on a bike ride, go experiment with my new digital camera, go hiking---go hiking with my new digital camera.

I have some friends who are in different seasons of life than I am; and this affords them the opportunity to get away more and play more. And I found myself feeling tied down...to work; and to Hailey.

Then I got to thinking of how much fun I have hanging out with Hailey. The kid makes me laugh; brings a deep joy to my life. And I realized that I'd trade a thousand pictures of dazzling sunsets for all the time I hang out with my daughter.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Glad you got to thinking. Perhaps you could combine the two. From the looks of things, H would enjoy doing photography with you. Just a thought.