Tuesday, July 02, 2013

As Though God Needed Defending


It’s awkward. More than likely my sister in law Karen will be dead in two months. We prayed to God for healing and He didn’t. It certainly seems the prayers of many have fallen on the ears of a deaf God.

I’ve prayed for others that were sick and were not healed. I’ve a cousin that died in his twenties as well as two close friends of mine which died in the same period. Certainly though I thought our prayer for Karen would be answered as expected since there was so much prayer; so much fervor and fasting.

God speaks out of the whirlwind with the same words He spoke to Job, “Have you ever in your life commanded the morning and caused the dawn to know its place…Where is the way to the dwelling of light? And darkness, where is its place that you may take it to its territory?”

Understanding God’s ways in giving life and taking it away are beyond me. “Will the faultfinder contend with the Almighty?” There are many arguments I can speak to myself in consolation. There are ripples that will flow from this; positive and negative. Those left behind may lose ease and gain depth. In my mortality I see only fragments of how it all fits together.

I choose to find solace in the Infinite and Eternal. I don’t understand this situation. I lean on the character of God. “I am insignificant; what can I say? I place my hand on my mouth.”

No comments: