Friday, September 21, 2012

Waiting On Prayer

“It is the life that prays…but what kind of life? Jesus puts it very simply in John 15:7: If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.”---Ronald Dunn

“God did not answer the two biggest prayers of my life.”---Ronald Dunn, Don’t Just Stand There Pray Something.

In my imagination I force myself to see a battle taking place in Heaven as sword of Spirit forced demons of dark to recede and relinquish ground on Earth. I hope this is what was taking place. The reality doesn’t feel that way though. I pray for the same things. Some of the things I pray for I’ve been praying since God got hold of my heart. I still don’t see the big answers.

God does meet me in a million ways. He sustains with food and comforts. He provides rich friendships. I have a delightful, fun, good, God worshipping daughter. I have a lovely wife. It’s the other prayer answers that confuse.

I seem to get no direction, wisdom or vision for a job. Truthfully James tells us that if we lack wisdom and ask He will give it. It just doesn’t feel like wisdom. I see no burning bush or cloud of fire. No messengers telling me where to go or what to do. This has been a continuous frustration.

There are loved ones that I’ve prayed God will speak to. I see no changes in them, no questions, no seeking or any indication that the Hound Of Heaven has been in their neighborhood let alone on the doorstep of their heart. I want so much. I know God is able to do so much.

What then? Perhaps the quietness is of itself God’s way to keep me seeking. Faith is the assurance of things not seen the bible says. Tonight it comes down to seeking and believing, tomorrow expectantly praying all over again. One day it will all be made clear.

No comments: