Thursday, January 17, 2013

Graces God Gives

It’s a terribly wonderful feeling. You are sitting in church and you start laughing and then your best friend starts laughing and there’s no stopping it. The daughter was over tonite and we were recounting childhood memories which she dramatically elaborated on. Laughing with family is one of the greatest joys God gives.

I didn’t have many of those experiences with my own dad. It’s a good thing that my daughter will. That’s one of the wonderful things about being a dad. I’ve made many mistakes in my life. Being a good father shines bright compared to many mistakes or bad choices. This is one of the graces God gives.

Time to crawl into bed. It’s been a rough week. Laughing out loud and sharing stories I feel a bit of bounce back in my step, a hint of promise planted alongside the seeds of doubt. This is one of the mercies God gives.

No comments: